3.19.2015

I'm on a roll !


I have decided to tackle all of my WIPs before I cast on anything else (not counting my own designs, of course!). This Bridgewater shawl has been on my needles since May 2013 now, and this is becoming ridiculous. I'm at that point in this kind of projects where I cannot for the life of me see the end...especially when the end comes after joining an edging around 770sts of shawl ! I'm not even 1/4 of the way around. The only thing that keeps me going is the yarn, a Hedgehog Fibre lace in two incredible colorways (Vengeance and Pheasant), as usual. The picture doesn't do them justice, especially Vengeance.


I used to never have more than two projects going on at a time, but that flew right out the window when I started knitting small accessories. This year, I've always had at least four simultaneously on the needles, which resulted in some projects being abandoned way longer than they should have been, namely this one and a cashmere scarf dating back to 2012! I'm down to those two plus the new pattern I've been working on, colorwork fingerless mitts...


I am done with my Skyline shawl (and so happy with it!) but I'll wait for the Yarn Company to release the pattern to write one big post about it. Speaking of the YC, one of the perks (or the dangers!) of working there is that I usually get access to The Verdant Gryphon (amazing!) monthly crib before everyone else... This month I scored a skein of Firefly Hunt, and thank God I did, since we sold out the whole lot in 2 days...


On the whole "finishing my WIPs" kick, I also finally cast off the Papyrus Cowl I was knitting for the YC. I love that pattern, it is modern and entertaining. Also happy with the result, though I don't get to keep it for myself  :( But I love those colors, and I will definitely use that decorative stitch again, even though it's a bit tedious to work.


That's it for now, hopefully by the time I write next post Skyline will be up and running at the YC and I can post some pictures ! Happy knitting ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment